Welcome to business friendly Chemung County
and the Southern Tier of New York.
There are many reasons to locate your business, work, and live here. While every community can claim to be in the center of something - it’s not as appealing as what Elmira, New York has to offer.
Location, Location , Location:
- In center of I86 - From New York City to Erie, PA
- 15 miles to I99 – From State College, PA to Corning, NY
- 35 miles to I81 and I88 - From Tennessee to Canada – Montreal or Toronto
- Southern Gateway to the Finger Lakes; Cayuga, Seneca, Keuka and 100 wineries.
- Live 30 miles from work and have a 30 minute commute, or drive to Manhattan for the weekend in four hours or Toronto or Boston in five hours.
- Fly Here:
Don’t want to drive? The Elmira Corning Regional Airport has flights to hubs in Philadelphia, Orlando, and Detroit. From there you have a direct flight to anywhere in the world.
Elmira is in the center of New York’s Marcellus Shale Play, and served by Norfolk Southern railroad freight line from Chicago to ports in New Jersey, Virginia, and South Carolina.
Businesses Already Here:
- Corning Incororated made our region the home for its Fortune 500 headquarters
- F.M. Howell & Co., CVS Rx Services, DeMet’s Candy Company, Hardinge Inc., Anchor Glass, American Customer Care, Hilliard Corporation, McWane, Inc., Schlumberger, NUCOR, Sallie Mae, CAF USA, and SYNTHES Inc., have all made significant investments here.